You are here
English Language Part-Time Doctoral Studies in Economics
Faculty of Economics
Webpage of the Faculty: http://www.ekonom.ug.edu.pl
English Language Part-Time Doctoral Studies in Economics are conducted in the field of the social sciences, in the discipline of Economics.
English Language Part-Time Doctoral Studies in Economics is a three-year part-time profile of two one-week sessions per year in September and June and through e-learning.
W ramach dyscypliny naukowej ekonomia prowadzone są studia doktoranckie na Wydziale Ekonomicznym, a także na Wydziale Zarządzania.
The program of English Language Part-Time Doctoral Studies in Economics aims to:
- give doctoral students methodological and organizational preparation enabling them to undertake independent research work, including that outside the Faculty of Economics;
- familiarize doctoral students with co-operative research in research groups, including international ones;
- teach doctoral students how to prepare academic publications in book form and in the form of articles in peer-reviewed academic journals;
- broaden and deepen knowledge useful for the preparation of a doctoral dissertation within a program of required and elective subjects in Economics and related disciplines;
- develop students’ teaching and professional skills in elective subjects, which will instruct the student in the field of modern methods and techniques of conducting classes;
- enable a student to prepare a doctoral dissertation under the guidance of a supervisor or auxiliary supervisor;
- prepare the doctoral students for their doctoral examinations;
- make it possible for the students to take part in the life of the academic community in Poland and abroad.
The Faculty of Economics at the University of Gdansk holds entitlements to confer PhD and associate professor degrees in the field of economics and to conduct doctoral studies in this area. The part-time doctoral studies in Polish have been held on the Faculty of Economics since the year 1997. The first edition of the English Language Part-Time Doctoral Studies in Economics commenced in September 2011.
The panel of professors - research tutors/supervisors of prospective PhDs – warrant the attractive possibility of doctoral thesis preparation in English language in a broad spectrum of economic disciplines starting from theoretical aspects of micro- and macroeconomics, contemporary economic analysis, international economy and European integration, international economic relations, financial markets through the economy of human resources, marketing, human resources administration to modern sectoral economic issues like transport and logistics, international trade, trade policy, regional economy.
The doctoral aforementioned studies shall assume a three-year part-time profile of two one-week sessions per year in September and June, with online consultations with the tutors additionally ensured.