Faculty of Social Sciences
About the Faculty
The Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Gdańsk comprises the following Institutes: Pedagogy, Political Sciences, Psychology, as well as Philosophy, Sociology and Journalism.
The didactic offer of the Faculty consists of 11 degree courses:
- Bachelor’s degree programme,
- supplementary Master’s degree programme,
- long-cycle Master’s degree programme,
- in the full-time and part-time (extramural and evening).
The Faculty runs doctoral programmes in Psychology, as well as Pedagogical and Political Sciences, and offers a broad range of post-graduate courses.
The Faculty is authorised to confer the doctor degree in the field of social sciences and habilitated doctor in the field of social sciences.
The seat of the Faculty of Social Sciences may be proudly described as one of the most modern in Poland, and it boasts:
- state-of-the-art lecture halls and teaching rooms with multi-media equipment available;
- specialist facilities (inter alia observation and therapeutic rooms with Venetian mirrors);
- radio and TV studios;
- photography atelier.