You are here
Mathematics as an important component of culture and civilisation
On 26 November 2015 the UG’s Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics will hold another popular science event addressed to pupils and teachers of upper-secondary schools in the Pomeranian voivodeship.
The event will be accompanied by numerous attractions to promote mathematics:
• workshops related to important and interesting mathematical problems on the secondary school curriculum, as well as other popular science issues;
• three popular science lectures;
• four presentations on studying different mathematical specialisations, and on the differences between learning at school and studying;
• an interactive exhibition accompanied by a competition on studying mathematics at the University of Gdańsk;
• A Static Obstacle Course which combines fun with a certain intellectual challenge;
• The Scottish Café, or posing and solving problems in an informal environment similar to the one used in the interwar period by the famous Lvov mathematicians;
• Mathematical St. Andrew’s Day with a fun competition to test mathematical aptitude.
The first three events are subject to prior registration. Places are limited.
Detailed information, programme and registration form are available at: