Fulbright Senior Award - Grants in the USA for doctors
Applications for a Fulbright Senior Award can still be sent up to 15 May 2016. Grants are intended for anyone with a doctorate who is an academic employee in a Polish institution of higher education or at another research and teaching facility. The aim of the competition is to allot funds for individual research or research and teaching projects at American universities, non-profit research academies and some government institutions.
The grant is available for a period from four to nine months.
The grant guarantees the one-off reimbursement of the following costs:
· reimbursement of the cost of an airline ticket to/from the USA,
· bonus to cover the relocation of the grant-holder,
· bonus to cover costs connected with settling in the USA,
· bonus to cover costs connected with the implementation of the research project and participation in conferences.
In addition, the following benefits are paid out on a monthly basis:
· grant to cover cost of upkeep (amount depends on location in the USA),
· bonus to cover the upkeep of one family member (spouse or child under 21 years of age) accompanying the grant-holder for a minimum of 80% of the duration of the grant and declared in the application as a dependent.
Anyone fulfilling the following conditions can apply for a grant:
· A Polish citizen who does not hold joint Polish-American citizenship or a permanent residence card for the USA (green card),
· Holds the title of doctor,
· Holds a title no higher than that of doctor with habilitation obtained within the last five years. Candidates with the title of doctor with habilitation can apply for the competition only if, outside of their research, they hold classes with American students,
· Can demonstrate a very good command of the English language.