Study in Pomorskie: Attracting Talents (SIPAT)
On 14 December 2017 a conference “Study in Pomorskie: Attracting Talents (SIPAT)” was held at the University of Gdańsk, with the aim of exchanging experience with regard to internationalisation and attracting talent.
The “Study in Pomorskie” initiative is an agreement on internationalising Pomeranian academic centres and enhancing the region’s competitiveness, which comprises local Pomeranian authorities and eight universities, including the University of Gdańsk.
The conference was opened by Vice-Rector for Research and International Cooperation Prof. Dr hab. Piotr Stepnowski and led by Head of the International Office Dr Adam Jagiełło-Rusiłowski.
The programme tackled the following issues:
- the needs of foreign students in Pomerania – results of research by OBIAS (Centre for Social Research and Analysis)
- good practice regarding campus internationalisation – “internationalisation at home”
- a case study based on a visit of a SIP group to Charles University in Prague – Dawid Spychała – Medical University of Gdańsk
- the Decalogue of internationalisation – Karolina Wysocka – Gdańsk University of Technology
- intercultural musical entertainment (Music Academy)
- the organisation and role of the International Office in Poland and China – Jinsong Li (UG)
- solutions from abroad which could be implemented in Polish universities, as seen by our students who have experience studying abroad (GUMed, UG, AM)
- innovation camps – an example of cooperation between a university and employers – a presentation by a winning group of foreign and Polish students from SIP universities.
The conference resulted in an extensive exchange of experience and a formulation of recommendations for the Study in Pomorskie programme with regard to the internationalisation of the region. This in turn will lead to a further increase in the level of internationalisation and the quality of service provided by universities to foreign students.
Photo: International Office