Visit of professors from Vietnam
Between 7 to 20 May 2018, as part of an academic cooperation agreement signed between the University of Social Sciences and Humanities-Vietnam National University in Hanoi and the University of Gdańsk, the Faculty of Social Sciences hosted professors from Vietnam ─ Prof. Do Ngoc Khanh, Prof. Le Van Hao and Prof. Truong Thi Khanh Ha.
A meeting was held on 7 May 2018 at the UG Rector’s Office between the invited guests, university authorities, authorities of the Faculty of Social Sciences and the Institute of Psychology, at which details were discussed concerning academic cooperation which will, amongst other things, involve academic exchange with regard to devising and implementing study programmes and joint research projects. The meeting was held in a relaxed atmosphere and culminated in a walk around the university campus and a sightseeing trip to the centre of Gdańsk.
During their stay the professors conducted lectures for students, held at the Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Clinical Psychology: Building Motivation and Commitment to Treatment ─ Prof. Do Ngoc Khanh
- The Advantages and Consequences of Obligations and Filial Piety in the Social Oriented Community ─ Prof. Truong Thi Khanh Ha
- What makes Asians happy? Factors in Human Happiness ─ Prof. Truong Thi Khanh Ha
- Cross-Cultural Psychology: Why Culture Matters ─ Prof. Le Van Hao
- Positive Discipline (in Homes and Schools) ─ Prof. Le Van Hao.
The remaining days of the visit were devoted to meetings, lectures and exchange of experience aimed at expanding the development of intercultural education in both institutions.