UG’s research excellence strategy
The University of Gdańsk is amongst 19 Polish higher education institutions (including 8 universities) to receive funding as part of the "Excellence Strategy – Research Institution”. The aim of the project is to devise a complex, long-term development programme for the University of Gdańsk, which will allow it to obtain research university status. The project will mainly focus on appropriate research and analyses as well as study visits at foreign universities.
The project’s main objectives are designed to:
- increase the number of publications in journals with a high citation ratio and the number of invention patents,
- increase the amount of financial resources allocated for the implementation of research projects by means of competitions organised by foreign institutions,
- strengthen research cooperation with internationally renowned scientific centres,
- increase the quality of education of undergraduate and doctoral students in disciplines connected with the priority research areas,
- increase the quality with which the university is managed, including the introduction of organisational changes with a view to strengthening the international importance of the university’s activity.