You are here
The University of Gdańsk Rector’s order on preventing the spread of COVID-19
Ordinance No. 20/ R/20 of the Rector of the University of Gdańsk of 10 March 2020 on the prevention of the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus
under article 23 paragraph 2 item 2, article 50 paragraph 1, article 51 paragraph 1 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science law (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85) and the Act of 2 March 2020 on emergency solutions related to preventing, counteracting and eradicating COVID-19 as well as other contagious diseases and resulting crises (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 374), in consultation with the Student Parliament and the Council of Doctoral Students - the following is ordered:
- All classes taught at the University of Gdańsk are suspended until further notice.
- The Main Library and specialised libraries are closed until further notice.
- All scientific, sporting and artistic events organized at the University of Gdańsk are suspended until further notice.
- Classes taught at the University of the Third Age at the University of Gdańsk are suspended.
- All trips of employees, students and doctoral students of the University of Gdańsk as well as visits to the University of Gdańsk from abroad are suspended until further notice.
- Housing new tenants in dormitories is suspended and external visitors are not allowed.
- The dean, head of general university unit, head of doctoral school or direct superior must be promptly informed of the return from the countries affected with the COVID19 coronavirus outbreak.
- Employees, students and doctoral students who have recently stayed in the countries affected with the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak are recommended to remain in the place of residence for 14 days from the date of return and to follow the recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspector.
Ordinance 17/R/20 of the Rector of the University of Gdańsk of 3 March 2020 on a ban on trips to selected countries for employees, students and doctoral students of the University of Gdańsk hereby expires.
The ordinance enters into force on the day of signing and is valid until further notice.
Rector of the University of Gdańsk
prof. dr hab. Jerzy Gwizdała