International Economic Relations, with a specialization International Business
The prestigious, English-language specialization of International Business has been conducted at the Faculty of Economics for 10 years. The programme is composed of strong core and major subjects and an interesting range of electives. It deepens the knowledge in the most specific areas of international relations, such as:
- international finance,
- intercultural communication in business,
- market simulation,
- portfolio management,
- transportation and international logistics,
- international human resource management,
- globalisation and regionalisation, etc.
BENEFITS OF STUDYING INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Our programmes address different issues of international finance, marketing and trade, logistics, globalisation and intercultural approaches to international business. Students are encouraged to prepare their MA thesis in accordance with their particular interests. The tuition methods in Master Degree Programmes include traditional lectures both by outstanding University professors and company practitioners, seminars, case study analysis, buzz groups and individual supervision for students’ thesis. The full-time programmes give students the latest theoretical knowledge of contemporary business environment. The Faculty of Economics offers more than 200 opportunities to go to universities in 25 different countries each year.
Choosing the International Business specialization you have the opportunity to:
- study in the international environment;
- acquiring knowledge and skills necessary in professional work on the analysis of international economic and social phenomena, taking into account cultural differences;
- attending classes carried out in cooperation with business practitioners;
- studying within the ERASMUS + program, which is used by nearly 200 students of our faculty every year;
- going to study in one of many countries in the world with which the faculty has signed a bilateral agreement, e.g. USA, China, Japan, South Corea, Russia, Ukraine;
- obtaining an international certificate in the Refinitiv computer lab (formerly Thomson Reuters Data Suite);
- demonstrate activity for the academic community in numerous student organizations, scientific circles, AIESEC;
- attend classes in modern auditoriums, teaching rooms and computer laboratories;
- using databases and global publications, student zones, public computer stations, free Wi-Fi and an E-student system in which you can handle almost all student matters;
- learning using specialized computer programs used in various industries, e.g. SAP - logistics, OSTC laboratory - finances, Statistica and SPSS - statistical data analysis;
- free use of Microsoft and IBM programs;
- obtain a double degree at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria Campus in Steyr.
International Business studies are one of a kind and give their participants access to exceptional knowledge and expertise about strategic and global business management, marketing, financial issues as well as specific insights into business system. Thus, these programmes offer students comprehensive understanding of the complexities in the field of international business. The programme prepares the students for challenging positions in various areas of international management, finance or research in different countries of the world.
Examples of graduates’ positions: export manager, financial analyst, forwarder, risk and credit analysis specialist, business advisor, marketing specialist, sales representative, leasing advisor, market analyst, investment advisor, trade manager, entrepreneur.
Degree diploma grade – maximum 100 points.
Graduates of all courses of study at tertiary-level institutions can apply.