Erasmus+ programme creates mobility opportunities for students and graduates of all three levels of study (bachelor, master or doctoral studies) to participate in an international practice. Mobility can be implemented in enterprices, scientific and research institutions or other types of organizations in countries taking part in Erasmus+ programme.
Countries participating in the Erasmus+ program:
• 28 European Union countries,
• countries of the European Economic Area: Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway,
• North Macedonia (previous FYROM)
• candidate countries: Serbia, Turkey
Who can apply?
- bachelor, master or doctoral students;
*The mobility of graduate must take place within one year of graduation, and the length is included in the total duration of capital mobility at the each level of study which student was qualified for. A candidate planning the mobility after defending his diploma thesis must take part in recruitment, which takes place during his last year of study but before defending his diploma thesis - when he still has the status of a student.
The UG Study Regulations determine the moment when a student becomes a graduate of a university:
Chapter 5 of the UG Regulations: "Diploma theses and examinations", § 27 point 3: If the diploma examination is taken after completion of the ordinary examination session
ending the degree programme in a given field of study, the Student maintains the student’s
rights till the day of the diploma examination except the right of financial assistance
specified in separate regulations§ 32 point 1: The degree programme is completed after the Student passed the diploma examination.
The ERASMUS+ practice mobility can not be implemented by:
- students taking a dean's leave or otherwise vacated;
- students and graduates who participated in the Leonardo da Vinci Program;
- students who used the entire mobility capital at an each level of study, i.e. completed Erasmus+ mobilities covering a total time of 12 months;
- participants who are receiving co-financing for mobility from another program financed by European Union funds (in particular PhD students who are employees of the UG, whose posts are financed from the so-called "projects").
It is advisable that students who would like to participate in ERASMUS+ practice are on the minimum 2nd year of study to use their knowledge gained on the first year of bachelor studies. Participation in the Erasmus + interships program can not extend the duration of studies. The duration of intership need to be realized in available capital mobility (the length of stay for all study and practice LLP-ERASMUS and ERASMUS+ programs at all levels of study: bachelor, master, doctoral is 12 months, in case of long-cycle studies is 24 months.
Implementation dates: from 14th September 2020 till 17th September 2021
According to information from National Agency of ERASMUS+ Programme the University of Gdansk received in the academic year 2020/21 the amount to co-financing 107 interships from ERASMUS+ program including 7 internships from PO WER program with social co-financing. The quantity of interships is approximate if all students mobility will be realized to countries from 2nd group (ERASMUS+ payment rules- table nr 1) for maximum financing stay (5 months). Exact number of participants is depends on which countries will be selected by students and on duration of practice.
Admission to the program is decided by the order of personal submission, according to the "first come, first served" rule, of the set of required documents. Candidates are qualified in two separate lists depending on the source of financing: Erasmus + basic grant or a grant with the social welfare of PO WER.
Attention! Due to pandemic of COVID-19, submission of recruitment document is changed until further notice:
-submission of recruitment documents is accepted via email (highly recommended is to secure the file by password)
-submission of documents is allowed only after prior call and arrangement an appointment.
1. Internship Form (original or copy),
2. Letter of Intent (original or copy),
Additional (if Participant apply for social co-financing):
- confirmation of receiving a social scholarship from the Financial Support Funds for UG Students and PhD students. The document must state that Participant is receiving a social scholarship at the time of submitting application documents
Recruitment for ERASMUS+ internship in the academic year 2020/2021 will start on June 22nd 2020 (Monday) and it will last until 9th July 2021 (Friday) until 14:00.
In the event of "saturation" of all places (the use of all available funds for internships by our office), it will be possible to submit documents to the reserve list.
Place of submission of documents:
Erasmus Exchange Office
Rectorate of the University of Gdansk, room 202 (2nd floor)
contact: +48 58 523 31 22,+48 58 523 2467, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities before the mobility:
II. Financial agreement
a) Searching the host institution
b) Establishing the duration of the internship
c) Obtaining a Letter of Intent
d) Fulfilling the Traineeship form with obtaining the acceptance of Faculty/Institutional Coordinator.
e) Submission of recruitment documents at Erasmus Exchange Office,(UG Rectorate, 2nd floor, room 202).
The candidate submits a set of documents:
1. Letter of Intent (copy or original)
2. Erasmus+ Internship form (copy or original)
3. In case of candidate is applying for funding from PO WER funds, it is necessary to attach a certificate of receiving a social scholarship valid at the time of submitting the application documents.
Important! Due to COVID-19 epidemic the method of submitting recruitment documents has been changed:
The set of documents is:
1. Letter of Intent (pdf.)
2. Traineeship form (pdf.)
3. In case of candidate is applying for funding from PO WER funds, it is necessary to attach a certificate of receiving a social scholarship valid at the time of submitting the application documents (pdf.).
II. Financial agreement
Before departure, the condition for obtaining funding for an internship from the Erasmus + program is the conclusion the financial agreement between the student and the University of Gdansk.
ATTENTION! Due to COVID-19 epidemic, the method of signing the financial agreement between a student and the University of Gdansk has been changed till further notice:
Signing financial agreement via post (preferred)
- In order to discuss the required documentation and arrangements regarding to correspondence conclusion of the contract, it is necessary to call the Erasmus Exchange Office (+48 58 523 24 67 or +48 58 523 31 22) about 3 weeks before the start date of planned mobility.
- Erasmus Exchange Office will verify your application documents in ESRS system and period of traineeship to prepare the financial agreement.
- The Beneficiary verifies the data and the content of the financial agreement (in order to clarify any inconsistencies Student immediately contact with Erasmus Exchange Office via e-mail or phone). After that, Beneficiary download the financial agreement, prints it out of two copies and after signing every page:
-After receiving the documents, the University representative (Erasmus Exchange Office employee), on behalf of the UG Rector, signs 2 copies of the financial agreement and upload a scan of the fully signed contract in the ESRS system on the Beneficiary’s individual account.
-the original contract remains to be picked up in person at the convenient time previously agreed by phone or on request it is send via post to the address specified by Beneficiary.
2. Signing the financial agreement during personal appointment in Erasmus Exchange Office (in exceptional cases)
-In order to discuss the required documentation and schedule a visit in Erasmus Exchange Office, it is necessary to contact the beneficiary by phone (+48 58 523 24 67 or +48 58 523 31 22) about 3 weeks before the planned date of departure.
-during a personal visit in the office (previously arranged by call), the financial agreement is signed by both parties. During the visit the Beneficiary is obliged to wearing a mask and follow the rules of social distancing.
Place of signing the contract:
University of Gdansk,
Erasmus Exchange Office,
Rectorate room 202, 2nd floor.
Before signing the contract, regardless the method of signing the financial agreement, the Participant is obliged to:
a) complete an initial language test in the OLS system- Online Linguistics Support (at least 2 days before signing the contract),
b) register on the ’’Odyseusz” website operated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (https://odyseusz.msz.gov.pl/) - applies only to Polish citizens
c) fulfill data and required documents in the ESRS system
Activities during the mobility
The update consists in completing the section " Section to be completed during the mobility” (page 6 of the TA document) and obtaining the acceptance of these changes from receiving and sending institution (signatures). Dates of the signatures need to confirm the changes made in the first month if the internship.
1. Notify SOP Erasmus + about changing the time of stay;
2. Indicate in TA, in the field: "Planned period of the mobility" in part IV "Section to be completed during the mobility" (page 6), agreed with the host institution and approved changed (extended) period of stay;
3. Obtain the signatures of the Faculty/Institutional Coordinator and the Dean (Vice-Dean) on part IV of the TA scan: such document should be returned to the student by the scan;
4. Provide evidence of health insurance, accident insurance and liability insurance at the place of practice covering an extended period of stay.
5. At the latest of the last day of the contract validity, sign an annex changing the period of stay of the internship.
Activities after the mobility- settlement
1. After the end of stay at the host institution, it is necessary to settlement of the mobility. It must take place within two weeks from the end of the internship (indicated in Confirmation of Traineeship Period).
2. The settlement consists of:
- fulfill an on-line Survey (automatically sent by European Commission's IT tool to the trainee’s email address shortly after the planned end date of mobility)-optional;
- submitting to Erasmus Exchange Office Traineeship Certificate and Confirmation of Traineeship Period completely signed by all parties (original or a scan from authenticated source)
- uploading the Training Agreement in ESRS system (including program changes, if any)
-uploading in ESRS system the evidence of implementation the internship abroad when practice was realized in hybrid manner- boarding passes, tickets, tenancy agreement and proof of payments by cash or card.
After the settlement of all documents, the trainee will receive the second tranche of the grant within 30 days.
Erasmus Exchange Office, Rectorate, 2nd floor, room 202
Mon-Tue and Thu-Fri from 9.00 till 14.00
Wednesday – closed