You are here
FOREIGNERS STUDYING UNDER THE SAME TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS POLISH CITIZENS
The following are eligible to study under the same terms and conditions as Polish citizens (Article 43, paragraph 2 of the Law concerning Higher Education):
- persons who have been granted the right of permanent residence in the Polish Republic;
- persons who have been granted refugee status in the Polish Republic;
- persons who have been granted temporary asylum on the territory of the Polish Republic;
- migrant workers who are citizens of the EU, Switzerland, or EFTA countries – parties to the European Economic Area Agreement – and also members of their families if resident on the territory of the Polish Republic;
- non-Polish citizens who have been granted on the territory of the Polish Republic long-term resident status within the EU;
- non-Polish citizens who have been granted right of temporary residence under circumstances set out in Article 127, Article 159, paragraph 1, and Article 186, paragraph 1, points 3 and 4, of the Law on Foreigners of December 12, 2013 (Journal of Laws, item 1650);
- non-Polish citizens who have been granted supplementary asylum on the territory of the Polish Republic;
- EU citizens, citizens of EFTA countries - parties to the European Economic Area Agreement – and Swiss citizens, and also members of their families if they are in possession of the right of permanent residence in the Polish Republic.
Also eligible are foreigners who have Polish citizenship or a valid Karta Polaka (Polish Charter). Exceptions include persons who have Polish citizenship, but who are applying for a grant from the Polish Government, in which case the terms and conditions of recruitment set out in " Foreignes studying under terms and conditions other than those applying to Polish citizens".
Foreigners who have dual citizenship, including Polish citizenship, are in terms of Polish law Polish citizens, and they study under terms and conditions applicable to Polish citizens.
In the abovementioned cases, a candidate for doctoral studies applies in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in Appendix 2 to the Resolution of the University of Gdańsk Senate relating to admission of candidates for third-cycle full-time and part-time studies (doctoral studies) at the University of Gdańsk which are valid for the appropriate academic year, that is via the Faculty Recruitment Commission.