Declaration of Accessibility – ug.edu.pl
University of Gdańsk undertakes to ensure the accessibility of the website ug.edu.pl in accordance with the Act of April 4, 2019 on the digital availability of websites and mobile applications of public entities.
The statement on accessibility applies to the main university website service.
Date of website publications: 2014-04-04
Date of last major update: 2017-03-28
The website is partially compliant with the Act of 4 April 2019 on the digital availability of websites and mobile applications of public entities due to incompatibility and the exclusions listed below:
- Films are not have transcription and audio description, because they were published before the law of the digital accessibility entered into force,
- Audio materials are not transcribed, because they were published before the law of the digital accessibility entered into force,
- Maps are excluded from this obligation to ensure accessibility.
The statement was drawn up on: 2019-09-20.
The declaration was drawn up on the basis of a self-assessment carried out by a public entity, and based on a third party audit in 2018: Sebastian Burgemejster.
On the website you can use the standard keyboard shortcuts.
Feedback and contact details
If there are any problems with website accessibility, please contact the Office for Disability Issues, email@example.com.
You may use the same channels to submit applications for the provision of unavailable information and requests to ensure availability.
Everyone has the right to submit a request to ensure digital availability of a website, a mobile application or any of its parts. It is also possible to as for more information to be made available via an alternative access method, they should also suggest the most convenient method of providing information. The public entity should comply with the request immediately, not later than within 7 days from the request submission date. If the public entity is unable to meet the above term, it must immediately inform the requesting person of the soonest possible date on which the request will be considered. The date, however, cannot be more than 2 months from the request submission date. If the public entity is unable to ensure digital availability, it may suggest an alternative method of access to information. If the public entity refuses to comply with the request to ensure availability or to apply an alternative method of access to information, the requesting person may file a complaint regarding ensuring digital availability of a website, a mobile application or a part thereof.
Having exhausted the above procedure, the requesting person may also submit an application to the Polish Commissioner for Human Rights.
Information concerning architectural accessibility of the University of Gdańsk , Rector’s Office, Jana Bażyńskiego 8, 80-309 Gdańsk.
- The building free from architectural barriers, the entrance has a fixed ramp for wheelchairs and automatically sliding door.
- In the building are located two lifts, whose control panels are marked with Braille dots.
- The doors to the rooms are marked with Braille point numbering labels.
- In the building(on floors 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6), there are toilets adapted for people with disabilities.
- There are designated parking spaces for the disabled near the entrance to the building. The most convenient access to designated spaces is via the Gate number 1, located at Jana Bażyńskiego street.
- People with disabilities have the right to access all public spaces with an assistance dog.
- There is no possibility to use sign language. Work is currently underway to provide this service available online.
- There are public transport stops nearby to the rector’s office, University of Gdańsk: tram line stop number 5, 6, 12 and bus line stops number 149 and 249.
Work on converting content on the website is currently underway, to be available digitally and met the requirements of WCAG at the level AA.