Useful information

Grading system


Health Insurance

  • The EU Erasmus Students should have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued at their home country (valid for the whole period of their stay at the UG). In order to get more information please visit the web page of Polish National Health Fund (NFZ).
  • The non-EU students are required to have the commercial health insurance (valid for the whole period of student’s staying at UG) which covers medical costs and consequences of accidents.

The health insurance will be verified after the students' arrival.


The University of Gdansk offers 100 places in the university’s dormitories. The total number of incoming Erasmus students is around 160 in each academic year. It means that not every Erasmus student might be provided with a dormitory place.The places are allocated through an online system, on the “first come, first served” basis. The information whether the registration procedure has been succesful will be sent to the students approximately one month before the beginning of their stay.

Winter semester/full academic year

At the beginning of August 2020 (if the application documents are completed) the students are sent via e-mail a website address and a unique code to apply for a place in one of university’s dormitories.

Summer semester

At the beginning of January 2021   (if the application documents are completed) the students are sent via e-mail a website address and a unique code to apply for a place in one of university’s dormitories.

Residence permit

  • The citizens of the European Union do not need a visa to study in Poland. They are allowed to stay without any official permission on the territory of the Republic of Poland for a period of 3 months. The EU-Erasmus students who are going to stay longer have to obtain a certificate of temporary residence for an EU citizen in URZĄD WOJEWÓDZKI in Gdansk, (ul.Okopowa 21/27).
  • Non-EU/EEA citizens can enter Poland on the basis of a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required). The visas might be obtained at the consulate of Poland in the student’s country of residence. Students are  obliged to apply for the visa for the whole planned period of their stay in Poland.

View changelog

Submitted on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 14:10 by Monika Butkiewicz Changed on Fri, 12/11/2020 - 10:55 by Monika Butkiewicz